Polyethylene Tanks in Union Bridge, MD
Above Ground Plastic Storage Tanks in Union Bridge, MD
We sell all different kinds of above-ground industrial tanks, including vertical, horizontal, and cone-bottom models, and chances are we have what you need in stock right now in our Pennsylvania warehouse. Non-metallic polyethylene and polypropylene bulk storage tanks are sold and serviced by Design Plastic Systems, a market leader over the past 40 years. Our polyethylene vertical tanks are molded in a number of polyethylene materials, including linear high-density (HDLPE) and cross-linked high-density (XLPE) resins that are listed by the FDA and NSF 61 and range in size from 20 gallons to 20,000 gallons. Our fiberglass tanks are made to order to meet your storage requirements and size requirements. We can offer a fiberglass tank with a diameter ranging from 3 to 14 feet through the use of contact molding and filament winding.
Explore the Chemical Resistance of Fiberglass Pipe in Union Bridge, MD
Fiberglass pipes are generally known for their excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. Some of the top solvents and acids that fiberglass pipe is suited for over other pipe materials include:
- Durable piping
- Alcohols: Fiberglass pipes are compatible with a wide range of alcohols, including methanol, ethanol, and isopropyl alcohol.
- Sodium hydroxide: Fiberglass pipes are resistant to sodium hydroxide and are widely used in industries that produce caustic soda, such as pulp and paper, and textiles.
- Sulfuric acid: Fiberglass pipes are highly resistant to sulfuric acid, making them an ideal choice for transporting this highly corrosive substance.
- Cost-effective piping.
- Hydrochloric acid: Fiberglass pipes are also highly resistant to hydrochloric acid, making them suitable for applications in the chemical processing industry.
- Acetone: Fiberglass pipes are also resistant to acetone, which is commonly used as a solvent in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and chemical industries.
Market Industries that Benefit from Fiberglass Pipe Solutions in Union Bridge, MD
Fiberglass piping systems have many benefits over traditional piping materials like steel, copper, or PVC. Some of the industries that can benefit from switching to fiberglass piping systems include:
- Food and Beverage Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are non-toxic and can be used for food and beverage processing, storage, and distribution.
- Chemical Processing Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are highly resistant to corrosive chemicals and are ideal for use in chemical processing plants.
- Mining Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are corrosion-resistant and can withstand the harsh chemicals and abrasive materials used in mining operations.
- Pulp and Paper Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are ideal for use in the pulp and paper industry due to their resistance to chemicals and high temperatures.
- Oil and Gas Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are lightweight, easy to install and maintain, and resistant to harsh chemicals and extreme temperatures, making them ideal for use in the oil and gas industry.
- Marine and Offshore Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are resistant to corrosion from saltwater, making them ideal for use in marine and offshore applications.
- Power Generation: Fiberglass piping systems can be used for cooling water, air pollution control systems, and process piping in power generation facilities.
- Water and Wastewater Treatment: Fiberglass piping systems are corrosion-resistant and can withstand the harsh chemicals used in water and wastewater treatment plants.
Overall, any industry that requires a durable, corrosion-resistant piping system can benefit from switching to fiberglass piping systems.
Fiberglass Vs Steel
When designing a project, contractors or architects prefer fiberglass grating over metal or wood for many industrial applications. Fiberglass grating is 70% lighter than steel and has an exceptional strength to weigh ratio. In addition, fiberglass is corrosion resistant and requires less maintenance than steel and eliminates the heavy maintenance such as sandblasting and painting.
If your plant has areas where there is vehicular traffic, Fibergrate has a line of grating to assist. High load mold and pultruded grating is designed with a one-piece design which provides extra strength and durability. Where necessary, this grating can withstand forklift and tractor trailer traffic. In addition to strength, this grating is much lighter than metal and will not corrode over time.
Polyethylene Tanks in Union Bridge, MD
Union Bridge, MD Fiberglass Piping Systems & Fittings to the Chemical, Industrial, Wastewater, and Power Generation Industries
Fiberglass piping systems and fittings are commonly used in a variety of industries, including chemical, industrial, wastewater, and power generation. Fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) piping systems offer numerous advantages over traditional materials like steel, including superior corrosion resistance, lightweight construction, and long service life.
- Wastewater treatment: FRP piping systems are widely used in wastewater treatment facilities due to their resistance to corrosion from harsh chemicals and sewage. These systems are also lightweight and easy to install, making them a popular choice for new construction and retrofit projects.
- Chemical industry: FRP piping systems are commonly used in the chemical industry for the safe and reliable transport of corrosive chemicals. FRP is highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals, making it an ideal choice for chemical processing applications.
- Power generation: FRP piping systems are commonly used in power generation facilities for the transport of cooling water, chemicals, and other fluids. They are highly resistant to corrosion from chemicals and high temperatures, making them an ideal choice for power generation applications.
- Industrial applications: FRP piping systems are used in a variety of industrial applications, such as food processing, pulp and paper, and mining. These industries require piping systems that can withstand harsh operating conditions, and FRP offers the durability and resistance necessary for long-lasting performance.