Polyethylene Tanks in Smithfield, VA
Fiberglass Vs Steel
When designing a project, contractors or architects prefer fiberglass grating over metal or wood for many industrial applications. Fiberglass grating is 70% lighter than steel and has an exceptional strength to weigh ratio. In addition, fiberglass is corrosion resistant and requires less maintenance than steel and eliminates the heavy maintenance such as sandblasting and painting.
If your plant has areas where there is vehicular traffic, Fibergrate has a line of grating to assist. High load mold and pultruded grating is designed with a one-piece design which provides extra strength and durability. Where necessary, this grating can withstand forklift and tractor trailer traffic. In addition to strength, this grating is much lighter than metal and will not corrode over time.
Smithfield Non-Metallic Tank Solutions
Non-metallic tanks are light weight, corrosion resistant and cost effective. Polyethylene is non-corrosive for the life of the tank. A poly tank will not rust or suffer from corrosion as a metal water or chemical tank will during their service life. These tanks are also lightweight and easy to handle or move which means that depending on the size, no heavy equipment needed during installation. Poly tanks are made in one single piece which is also an advantage because there are no seams for corrosion to settle which prevents leaks and hazardous chemical spills. Poly tanks have a broad range of chemical resistance to both agriculture and industrial chemicals.
Smithfield Non-metalic Double Wall Storage Tanks to Prevent Spills
Double -wall storage tanks with secondary wall protection are the best way to prevent hazardous spills or chemical leaks. Our Captor Double Wall Tanks and Containment systems are designed to alleviate environmental and safety concerns. The unique tank-in-tank system provides a total containment. Our tanks are designed for indoor or outdoor applications and are enclosed to prevent snow, rain, and other debris from collecting in the containment vessel. Double-containment tanks are supplied with a vented manway; however, non-vent and hinged manways are also available depending on your application. All tanks meet ASTM D1998 design standards and HDLPE black and white comply with FDA regulations. Crossed linked (XLPE) are available in black and natural white.
Above Ground Plastic Storage Tanks in Smithfield, VA
We sell all different kinds of above-ground industrial tanks, including vertical, horizontal, and cone-bottom models, and chances are we have what you need in stock right now in our Pennsylvania warehouse. Non-metallic polyethylene and polypropylene bulk storage tanks are sold and serviced by Design Plastic Systems, a market leader over the past 40 years. Our polyethylene vertical tanks are molded in a number of polyethylene materials, including linear high-density (HDLPE) and cross-linked high-density (XLPE) resins that are listed by the FDA and NSF 61 and range in size from 20 gallons to 20,000 gallons. Our fiberglass tanks are made to order to meet your storage requirements and size requirements. We can offer a fiberglass tank with a diameter ranging from 3 to 14 feet through the use of contact molding and filament winding.
Smithfield, VA Centricast CL ® Fiberglass Pipe
Centricast CL® fiberglass pipe is a durable FRP pipe used for transporting corrosive fluids and chemicals in various industries. Made through centrifugal casting process, it has a smooth inner surface, excellent mechanical strength, chemical resistance, and dimensional stability. It's lightweight, easy to install, and withstands high temperatures and pressures. This makes it a cost-effective solution for chemical processing, power generation, wastewater treatment, and other industries.
NOV Fiberglass Z-Core® is a high-strength composite material made of layers of fiberglass reinforced with epoxy resin. It's commonly used in harsh industrial environments where traditional materials would quickly degrade. Z-Core® products are available in a variety of sizes, including pipes, fitings, and custom components, and are used in industries such as oil and gas, chemical processing, and water treatment.
Market Industries that Benefit from Fiberglass Pipe Solutions in Smithfield, VA
Fiberglass piping systems have many benefits over traditional piping materials like steel, copper, or PVC. Some of the industries that can benefit from switching to fiberglass piping systems include:
- Water and Wastewater Treatment: Fiberglass piping systems are corrosion-resistant and can withstand the harsh chemicals used in water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are non-toxic and can be used for food and beverage processing, storage, and distribution.
- Pulp and Paper Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are ideal for use in the pulp and paper industry due to their resistance to chemicals and high temperatures.
- Mining Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are corrosion-resistant and can withstand the harsh chemicals and abrasive materials used in mining operations.
- Chemical Processing Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are highly resistant to corrosive chemicals and are ideal for use in chemical processing plants.
- Marine and Offshore Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are resistant to corrosion from saltwater, making them ideal for use in marine and offshore applications.
- Oil and Gas Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are lightweight, easy to install and maintain, and resistant to harsh chemicals and extreme temperatures, making them ideal for use in the oil and gas industry.
- Power Generation: Fiberglass piping systems can be used for cooling water, air pollution control systems, and process piping in power generation facilities.
Overall, any industry that requires a durable, corrosion-resistant piping system can benefit from switching to fiberglass piping systems.