Chester Gap, VA Fiberglass Grating
Chester Gap Fiberglass Solutions for Every Industry
Regardless of your industry, we have a fiberglass grating solution to fit your needs. FRP grating was originally designed to withstand corrosive chemicals, high temperatures and constant washdowns. Classic uses of fiberglass grating can be found in battery room floors and in platform and safety ladders in chemical plants. However, today fiberglass grating is used in various industries such as transportation, telecommunication, water & wastewater, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, bridge & highway, power, oil & gas, as well as recreational and water parks due to the non-slip, non-corrosive UV resistant capabilities.
Fiberglass Grating in Chester Gap, VA
Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) grating is a low-cost, corrosion resistant solution to an everyday long-term maintenance problem including chemical exposure, weather, and rust. Fibergrate’s corrosion resistant grating is available with either square or rectangular mesh pattern options and with multiple resin formulations. Whether used indoor or out, FRP grating can withstand the harshest chemicals or weather conditions. This lightweight grating comes in various colors, thicknesses and grid patterns and is easily cut and fabricated into stairs, platforms, and other structural applications for easy installation. The ergonomic properties in each panel of grating helps reduce fatigue and increase productivity creating a better and safer work environment for any industry.
Fibergrate has a wide range of gratings to select from. Whether the application calls for a molded style grating or a pultruded grating Fibergrate has many options to choose from. Fibergrate also has a range of resins available to meet the customer needs. Whether the application is just water exposure or to the most corrosive applications, Fibergrate has the right product. Fibergrate also markets grating for the food and beverage market. The FGI-AM molded grating is USDA approved and offers antimicrobial properties to inhibit the growth of bacteria on the composite.
Fiberglass vs Metal
Light weight, corrosion resistant, non-conductive, affordable and a high-quality product, say no more, fiberglass tanks are your best choice for your storage solutions whether it be, food grade water, waste water, chemicals, or fuel. Fiberglass tanks offer a high strength to weight ratio and resistance for many applications. Fiberglass tanks can be custom made to fit your specifications with sizes ranging from 3 ft to 14 ft in diameter, vertical or horizontal. Fiberglass tanks are easily repaired, re-lined and reconfigured if needed, meaning a tank won’t need replacement for minor damage or wear.
Market Industries that Benefit from Fiberglass Pipe Solutions in Chester Gap, VA
Fiberglass piping systems have many benefits over traditional piping materials like steel, copper, or PVC. Some of the industries that can benefit from switching to fiberglass piping systems include:
- Food and Beverage Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are non-toxic and can be used for food and beverage processing, storage, and distribution.
- Water and Wastewater Treatment: Fiberglass piping systems are corrosion-resistant and can withstand the harsh chemicals used in water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Mining Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are corrosion-resistant and can withstand the harsh chemicals and abrasive materials used in mining operations.
- Chemical Processing Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are highly resistant to corrosive chemicals and are ideal for use in chemical processing plants.
- Power Generation: Fiberglass piping systems can be used for cooling water, air pollution control systems, and process piping in power generation facilities.
- Pulp and Paper Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are ideal for use in the pulp and paper industry due to their resistance to chemicals and high temperatures.
- Oil and Gas Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are lightweight, easy to install and maintain, and resistant to harsh chemicals and extreme temperatures, making them ideal for use in the oil and gas industry.
- Marine and Offshore Industry: Fiberglass piping systems are resistant to corrosion from saltwater, making them ideal for use in marine and offshore applications.
Overall, any industry that requires a durable, corrosion-resistant piping system can benefit from switching to fiberglass piping systems.
Chester Gap, VA Tank Accessories
Inspections, Certifications, and tank modifications available upon request. Design Plastics can assist with your installation, DEP Certification and tank fit out. We provide service and an expert staff who can offer piping, valves, bulkhead fittings and level controls for a complete tank package. Our tank manufacturers also provide under warranty, leak detection, sight glass assemblies, external fill lines and reverse gallonage indicators to name a few.
To complete your installation, Design plastic can provide fiberglass grating for safety OSHA platforms, handrail, and stairs.
Explore the Chemical Resistance of Fiberglass Pipe in Chester Gap, VA
Fiberglass pipes are generally known for their excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. Some of the top solvents and acids that fiberglass pipe is suited for over other pipe materials include:
- Cost-effective piping.
- Sulfuric acid: Fiberglass pipes are highly resistant to sulfuric acid, making them an ideal choice for transporting this highly corrosive substance.
- Durable piping
- Sodium hydroxide: Fiberglass pipes are resistant to sodium hydroxide and are widely used in industries that produce caustic soda, such as pulp and paper, and textiles.
- Alcohols: Fiberglass pipes are compatible with a wide range of alcohols, including methanol, ethanol, and isopropyl alcohol.
- Acetone: Fiberglass pipes are also resistant to acetone, which is commonly used as a solvent in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and chemical industries.
- Hydrochloric acid: Fiberglass pipes are also highly resistant to hydrochloric acid, making them suitable for applications in the chemical processing industry.